The MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter Water Filter provides proven, reliable water filtration for camping and hiking, backcountry adventures, global go back and forth, survival situations, and emergencies. The replaceable Marathon EX ceramic element removes bacteria (such as E. coli. Shigella, salmonella, cholera), protozoa (such as giardia, cryptosporidium, amoebae), and particulate, and its carbon core eliminates unpleasant tastes and odors caused by organic compounds such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides. Thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator, the microfilter is capable of pumping one liter of water per minute, a Glide rate that is easily maintained in the field, without any tools. The MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter meets NSF protocol P231 for removal of bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%), all over its replaceable filter life of 2,000 liters of water. Compatible with all kinds of water containers such as Nalgene, Camelback, and MSR Dromedary Bags (sold one by one); bottom screws on to threaded lids, or water can be pumped directly into a hydration reservoir drinking tube. Lightweight and compact, the pump measures 7.5 x 2.75 inches and weighs one pound. A storage bag is included. Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty. Made in the us.
MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter
The MiniWorks EX microfilter from MSR is built to deliver long-lasting, field-maintainable water filtration in demanding environments. Engineered for frequent and heavy use, it utilizes MSR’s workhorse Marathon EX carbon/ceramic element to make sure clean, reliable, and taste-free water. Thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator, it’s capable of pumping one liter per minute and the Glide rate can be renewed easily and repeatedly in the field with no tools required. It’s lightweight and compact and, most importantly, has been proven reliable by thousands of adventurers around the globe.
- Reliable: Durable carbon/ceramic element ensures protected, taste-free water—even with frequent, heavy use.
- Field-maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery with no tools required.
- Fast Glide: AirSpring Accumulator increases filtration speed–up to 1-liter per minute.
- Better-tasting Water: Carbon core removes unpleasant tastes and odors caused by organic compounds, such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides.
- Field cleanable and maintainable
- Effective against: protozoa, bacteria, chemicals/toxins, and particulate
- Not effective against viruses
- Weight: 1 pound / 456 grams
- Dimensions: 2.75 by 7.5 inches / 7 by 19 centimeters (WxL)
- Filter media: Ceramic Plus Carbon
- Filter pore size: 0.2 microns
- Flow rate: 1 liter per minute
- Flow (strokes per liter): 85
- Cartridge life: ~2000 liters
- Cartridge replacement indicator
- Mechanical advantage
- Water bottle adapter included
- Made in Seattle, USA
- Limited lifetime warranty
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
Microfilter water filter pump for hiking, backpacking, camping, go back and forth, survival, and emergency preparedness
Replaceable carbon and ceramic filter removes bacteria, protozoa, organic compounds, and particulate, delivering clean, taste and odor-free water
Pumps at a rate of one liter per minute; compatible with plenty of wide mouth water bottles, and hydration bladders (sold one by one)
Meets NSF protocol P231 for removal of bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%); one replaceable filter cartridge treats up to 2,000 liters of water
Pump measures 7.5 x 2.75 inches and weighs 1 pound; storage bag included; manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty; made in the us